Saturday, February 15, 2014

President's Day Weekend 2014

In view of her recent stormy mood, Nature seemed full of regretful relentings on Monday, and, as if to make amends for her harshness, assumed something of a summer softness. The sun had not the glaring brightness that dazzles, and the atmosphere, purified by the recent rain, revealed through it's crystal depths objects with unusual distinctness.  ~ E.P. Roe, Opening A Chestnut Burr


Before the rain and wind came this morning, I got right out and planted my peas, using the "tomato" cages that I've found to be too weak for tomatoes but perfect for bush pea supports.  On the end with the metal teepee, I planted Chinese peas to climb it.




I also worked on the hardware for the new onion bed once the rain started, inside the barn cutting two by fours for the saw horses that will hold the re-purposed metal roofing box that will be the "raised" bed for the onions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment